How To Stick To Your Sleep Resolution: Tips That Will Help You Get Better Sleep
- by Shaista
What is a sleep resolution?
- Most people make a resolution to exercise or eat healthier during the new year, but they may not consider making a resolution related to their sleep. A new year marks a clean slate. It’s time to make changes that are sure to stick for the rest of the year.
- A New Year’s resolution is a great way to start a positive change in your life and achieve your goals. Sleep is essential for nearly all systems of your body to function properly. It sharpens your thinking and helps strengthen your physical health.
- Even if you can’t make big changes at once, you can make small steps that will make a difference in your life in the long run. Try developing a new habit, or adopt a new sleeping position, and see the positive effects it will have on your physical health and overall well-being.
How can you stick to your sleep resolution?
Sleeping longer and sounder can improve your mental clarity, making you more productive at work, at home, and around the house. Not getting enough sleep can lead to numerous health issues, including obesity, heart disease, depression, and irritability. Fortunately, there are many ways to achieve your sleep goals, and these include a few tips. Start by understanding why sleeping is important.
Your body and mind need it. Make it a point to block out your calendar , so you can get seven hours of quality sleep every night. You can make it easier to follow your sleep plan if you involve your family. Family involvement can reduce distractions and help you stay committed to your new sleep goals.
What are some tips to get better sleep?
- Ensure that your bed is in a room that doesn’t have direct sunlight or windows. Blackout curtains and eye masks can help prevent bright light while you sleep.
- Turn off your cell phone or set it to ‘do not disturb’ mode. Avoid using electronic devices in bed, and make sure the temperature in your bedroom is between 65 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Those who have difficulty falling asleep often may want to consider an earlier bedtime.
- Taking naps at a consistent time can help you get a good night’s rest. A nap after lunch should last no longer than half an hour. Naps should be brief and will not disrupt your sleeping pattern. When changing your sleep schedule, make sure to adjust it little by little. If you’re going to change your sleep schedule, try to alter it by one or two hours each night.
How do you make a sleep resolution?
Are you wondering ways to make proper sleep resolutions? , If you are looking to improve your sleep quality this New Year, then consider making a resolution to get a better night’s sleep. These resolutions are great in theory, but are harder to keep than you might think. In order to make your resolution work, you should focus on specific goals and take action to reach them.
Some goals may be as simple as buying a new mattress or pillow. Other goals might involve trying new sleep aids, like ear plugs and a sleep mask. It is also helpful to set up a sleep accountability group with your close friends. This will make the resolution stick. By creating a sleep-friendly environment, you will have more energy and be more productive during the day. And, if you can resist the temptation to abandon your resolution later in the year, you’ll be more likely to stick with it.
Make changes in your lifestyle that will help you stick to your sleep resolution
- If you want to stay on top of your sleep resolution, you need to make changes in your lifestyle. More sleep improves your mood. People who get eight hours or more of sleep feel happier and more refreshed during the day. One way to make sure you get enough sleep is to practice good sleep hygiene. Sleep is an important part of our daily routine, so you should establish a consistent bedtime routine.
- Another way to stay on top of your sleep resolution is to set an early bedtime. Go to bed when you feel sleepy, and if you can’t fall asleep in 20 minutes, get out of bed. Keep your bedroom cool and quiet, and limit exposure to sunlight in the evening. Limit your intake of large meals or heavy snacks before bedtime. Eat a light, healthy snack instead. Avoid drinking caffeine late in the afternoon.
Always need to clean your bedding
You probably have to wash your bedding at some point. Generally, the rule of thumb is to wash it once a week, though you can stretch this if you want to. In addition, you can wash it more often if you share your bed with pets or sweat a lot while sleeping.
If you suffer from allergies, you may need to wash your weighted blanket properly more typically than the average person. You can also spot treat stains with a gentle detergent and warm water. Scrub the stain with a toothbrush or a sponge before washing it. If a stain is new, pre-soaking it can help loosen it. If a stain is particularly tough to remove, try using bleach instead. Just make sure to choose a non-chlorine bleach that is safe for colors. If you still can’t manage to spot-treat your bedding, you can always try cleaning it by hand.
Most people find that these goals fall by the wayside in the first few weeks. One of the reasons that people fail to meet their resolutions is sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation is detrimental to our overall health and performance. For this reason, we should focus on getting the recommended seven hours of sleep every night.
What is a sleep resolution? Most people make a resolution to exercise or eat healthier during the new year, but they may not consider making a resolution related to their sleep. A new year marks a clean slate. It’s time to make changes that are sure to stick for the rest of the year. A…