DOs WHEN MOVING TO A NEWLY RENTED FLAT IN PUNE
- by Shaista
You may feel both excited and overwhelmed when moving to a new city. You will not only get your freedom but also will have to face a lot of challenges all alone. And your first challenge is to look for the right 1 bhk flat for rent in Magarpatta city Pune. It can be really daunting to look for different rental options and then choose the best one. In this guide, we have mentioned some tips that will help you to find the perfect flat for rent and simply the moving process.
Do prepare a budget
Preparing a budget for your relocation, new place, and new life can be the trickiest part. Therefore, it is essential to plan your finances carefully so that you have enough funds to rent a perfect 1 bhk flat in Pune. Know about your annual income and figure out what expenses you will have to incur after moving to the new location. Use the calculated figure to determine how much rent you are willing and afford to pay. Always keep in mind not to opt for the accommodation option demanding more than 30% of your annual income as the housing cost.
Do select the appropriate location
Before you start looking out for the option of a suitable flat in Pune to rent, you must decide the location where you want to live. Here is the list of important factors you should consider to select an appropriate location-
- See if the building you are going to rent a flat in is located nearby your workplace or the places that are to be visited by you frequently including grocery stores, shopping complexes, health centers, hospitals, cafes, restaurants, green areas, and more.
- Transportation options- The location must be well equipped with efficient road infrastructure, reduced traffic, ample space for parking, and availability of public transports.
- Your priority must be your safety. Therefore, look for an area having a low crime rate. Your potential building must be equipped with CCTVs and lightings making you feel secure and safe.
Do inspect the potential flats
When planning to rent a 1 bhk flat in Pune, it is crucial to explore all your options in person before making the final decision. Here are the things you should consider checking-
- Assess the overall condition of not only the flat but also the building in which the flat is located. When exploring the shortlisted flats, look for rusty metal pieces, heating, and air conditioning, natural lighting, leaking faucets, loose doors or windows, and signs for water damage such as musty smells, crumbling paint, ceilings, and walls having dark spots, etc.
- Don’t forget to check for the pest infestations
- Check if the building provides security features, such as fire alarms, fire escapes, camera surveillance, etc. also, see if the building maintains hygiene.
- Look for the amenities provided by the shortlisted buildings. These include- pool, health center, clubhouse, laundry section, etc.
Do go through the lease
Once you have come across the 1 bhk flat for rent in Pune matching your requirements and preferences and fitting in your budget, it is time for you to ask for the lease from the respective landlord. Just read the agreement carefully, don’t overlook or avoid reading any specific terms and conditions before you sign it.
- Pay close attention to the terms and conditions related to the duration of the lease, amount of rent to be paid, late payment of rent, pet-related policies, and visitor policies.
- Remember to ask if you can access the parking space, availability of the storage, maintenance fee and hours, trash pickup days, and more.
- In case you fail to comprehend any clause or are not comfortable with any specific condition, then talk about it with your landlord.
Do prepare a floor plan for your newly rented flat
Before you start with unpacking and organizing your belongings into a new rented flat, you need to know about what you can and what you can’t shift to your new accommodation. In other words, you need to know about the layout of your rented 1 bhk flat. So, just take a look at the available space and measure the doors and windows installed in the flat to know if you can place your large furniture items or not. A detailed floor plan will help you to make an informed decision about what items you can move and what items are to be purchased.
Wrapping up it all!
Now that you know the tips that can help you to find and move in the right flat for rent in Pune, think of visiting stanzaliving. This is the platform from where you can start your research as here you can have access to the qualitative rental option according to the city where you are planning to relocate.
You may feel both excited and overwhelmed when moving to a new city. You will not only get your freedom but also will have to face a lot of challenges all alone. And your first challenge is to look for the right 1 bhk flat for rent in Magarpatta city Pune. It can be really…