Diabetes is one of the most common health conditions affecting many people across the world. If you have diabetes, you must know how much sugar and calories are in the foods you eat. There is a major lifestyle change that follows with a diagnosis of diabetes, that is restrictions on food and sugar, and keeping a calorie count.
Sugarcane juice is a popular delicious and nutritious drink, but it can be high in calories. This guide will help you understand the number of sugarcane juice calories and how it can impact your blood sugar levels.
What is Sugarcane Juice?
Sugarcane juice is a delicious drink extracted from sugarcane. It is a popular drink in tropical and subtropical regions. It is rich in micronutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients including calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, zinc, iron, phosphorus, and vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, and B6. It is also a good source of antioxidants, which help to remove free radicals that damage the body’s cells and lead to diseases like diabetes.
Calories in Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane juice is a delicious and refreshing drink that is enjoyed by people all over the world. It is a healthy alternative to other sugary carbonated drinks. However, it is important to be aware of the calorie content of sugarcane juice. The number of calories in sugarcane juice depends on the serving size.
A cup (250 ml) serving of pure sugarcane juice contains 190 calories. This means that if you are watching your calorie intake, you should limit your consumption of sugarcane juice.
Amount of Sugar in Sugarcane Juice
A regular-sized glass of sugarcane juice has around 50 grams of sugar. The sugar content in sugarcane juice is mainly fructose (which is a sugar found in fruits, honey, and sugarcane). Pure sugarcane juice has a high glycemic index, which means that it disrupts the blood sugar level of an individual.
Owing to its sugar content, sugarcane juice is not a good drink of choice for people with uncontrolled diabetes.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for people with Diabetes
Here are a few benefits of drinking sugarcane juice if you have diabetes.
- Sugarcane juice plays an important role in boosting immunity and improving skin health.
- It is high in antioxidants that can help to remove free radicals from the body. Free radicals lead to diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
- It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- It is known for its great benefits to the liver, as it improves liver function and keeps liver infection at bay.
How much sugarcane juice should you drink per day?
The daily recommended intake of sugarcane juice is around 200 ml. You can also mix sugarcane juice with other fruits for a good flavour.
Drinking too much sugarcane juice can cause a spike in blood sugar levels, which can have negative consequences such as an increased risk of heart disease and stroke.
Thus, individuals with diabetes should consume it in moderation to satisfy their sweet cravings. People who have uncontrolled diabetes should avoid consuming sugarcane juice as it has a high glycemic load which will harm their bodies.
Click here – The Best Accessories For Christmas
Disadvantages of Sugarcane Juice for People with Diabetes
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- It has a high fructose content. The fructose content in sugarcane juice can cause an increase in blood triglycerides. This can increase your risk of heart disease.
- Sugarcane juice is very high in natural sugars, which can cause blood sugar levels to spike in people with diabetes.
- It is also high in calories and carbs, which can contribute to weight gain.
- It has a high sodium content. The high sodium content in sugarcane juice can cause high blood pressure.
- It contains policosanol, which might lead to headaches, dizziness, and insomnia.
Sugarcane juice is a delicious and refreshing drink enjoyed by people all over the world. However, it is important to be aware of the sugarcane juice calorie count.