The wig industry has grown significantly in recent years, offering a plethora of options to cater to diverse hair needs and preferences. One key factor determining the quality and appearance of wigs is the type of hair used in their construction. Among the various hair types used, Indian Remy hair, Chinese hair, and European hair stand out as the most popular choices.
Each of them is an excellent option for wig users as they are made of real human hair, providing a natural look and comfort that blends seamlessly with your bio hair.
Let’s delve deeper into each hair type’s unique characteristics, pros, and cons so that you can make an informed decision when selecting the perfect hairpiece for yourself.
Indian Remy Hair
Indian Remy hair is highly sought after in the wig industry for its exceptional quality and durability. Remy hair is smoother and shinier than non-Remy hair. The term “Remy” refers to the method of collecting hair, where the cuticles are kept intact and aligned in the same direction, ensuring minimal tangling and matting, thereby reducing hair shedding from the hair unit. This technique results in wigs for women and hair system for men that appear natural and are easy to manage.
- Indian Remy human hair is known for its soft texture, making it suitable for various hairstyles.
- It is naturally thick, allowing for voluminous and full-looking wigs
- The hair color typically ranges from dark brown to black, making it ideal for individuals with similar natural hair colors
- Affordable alternative hair option
- High-quality and durable hair, with proper care, can last for an extended period.
- It offers excellent versatility in styling and coloring due to its natural texture and alignment.
- It provides a natural appearance, as the cuticles mimic the behavior of natural hair.
- Not as durable as Chinese hair
- Hair quality naturally suffers when bleaching from black to lighter colors like blonde.
Chinese Remy Hair
Virgin Chinese hair is sourced from donors in Asian countries and is another prevalent choice in the wig industry. It is of superior quality with a soft and shiny texture that makes it look fabulous.
- Chinese hair is fine and naturally healthy in texture.
- Chinese hair is also available in a thick and coarse texture.
- It is naturally straight, making it ideal for individuals who desire sleek and smooth hairstyles.
- The color varies from dark brown to medium brown, catering to a wide range of hair color preferences.
- Chinese hair is durable, strong and dense
- It can withstand heat and chemical processing.
- Its naturally straight nature requires minimal styling for a polished look.
- Availability in various lengths and densities to suit individual preferences.
- It can be slightly expensive compared to Indian hair
- Risky to purchase as many suppliers label non-genuine hair as Chinese hair
- Hair quality naturally suffers when processing from black to lighter colors like blonde
European hair is considered a premium option in the wig industry, renowned for its exceptional softness and luxurious feel. Sourced from European donors, this type of hair is rare and highly prized. European wigs are designed with real human hair and graft technology for a natural look and max comfort.
- European hair is incredibly soft, fine, and lightweight, resembling naturally straight or slightly wavy hair texture.
- It comes in various natural shades, ranging from blonde to light brown and red tones colors naturally.
- Unmatched softness and natural movement make it exceptionally comfortable to wear.
- Easily manageable and holds various hairstyles with ease.
- Less processing is required
- Less maintenance required
- A perfect choice for those seeking a more refined and elegant look.
- High cost due to its rarity and premium quality.
- It usually comes in shorter lengths.
The choice between Indian Remy hair, Chinese hair, and European hair in the wig industry boils down to individual preferences, budget considerations, and desired styling options.
When selecting the perfect hairpiece, it is essential to weigh these factors carefully to ensure your choice aligns with your unique needs and preferences. Remember, proper maintenance and care are crucial to extending the lifespan and maintaining the beauty of any wig, regardless of the hair type used. Happy wig shopping!