Chikankari kurtis are a timeless and versatile wardrobe staple for women of all ages. The intricate embroidery and delicate patterns make them a popular choice for any occasion. Whether you’re going for a casual look or dressing up for a formal event, there are endless ways to style your chikankari kurti to suit your personal style and occasion. In this article, we’ll share some tips and tricks on how to style your chikankari kurti for any occasion. From pairing it with the right accessories to choosing the right footwear, we’ve got you covered. So, if you’re looking to make a statement with your chikankari kurti, read on and discover how to style it like a pro.
Understanding the Different Styles of Chikankari Kurtis
Chikankari kurtis come in a variety of styles and designs. From long to short, sleeveless to full-sleeved, and with different necklines, there’s a chikankari kurti for every occasion. The traditional chikankari kurti is made of cotton fabric, but you can also find them in silk, chiffon, and other materials. Some of the most well-liked styles of chikankari kurtis are listed below:
Anarkali Kurti: This style of kurti is long and flowy, with a fitted bodice and flared skirt. For formal events like weddings and celebrations, it’s ideal.
Straight Kurti: This style of kurti is straight and falls just above the knee. It’s ideal for casual outings or office wear.
A-Line Kurti: This style of kurti is fitted at the top and flares out towards the bottom. This fashion is adaptable and may be worn up or down.
Kaftan Kurti: This free, flowing type of kurti features a V-neckline and wide sleeves. It’s ideal for a day trip or a laid-back beach holiday.
Understanding the different styles of chikankari kurtis will help you choose the right one for your occasion and body type.
Occasions to Wear Chikankari Kurtis
Chikankari kurtis can be worn for any occasion, from casual outings to formal events. Here are some occasions where you can wear your chikankari kurti:
Casual Outings: Pair your chikankari kurti with jeans or leggings for a comfortable and stylish look. Add some jhumkas and a sling bag to complete the look.
Office Wear: Opt for a straight or A-line chikankari kurti in muted colours for a professional look. Pair it with leggings or palazzo pants and add some heels for a chic look.
Parties and Weddings: Choose a long Anarkali chikankari kurti in vibrant colours for a grand look. To complete the outfit, add some statement jewellery and high heels.
Festivals: Chikankari kurtis are perfect for festivals like Diwali and Eid. Choose a bright coloured kurti with intricate embroidery and pair it with jewellery for a festive look.
No matter what the occasion, chikankari kurtis can be styled to suit your personal style and occasion.
Tips for Styling Your Chikankari Kurti for a Casual Look
- Pair your chikankari kurti with jeans or leggings and add some sneakers or flats for a comfortable and stylish look.
- Opt for a simple chikankari kurti in a muted colour and pair it with denim shorts and sandals for a laid-back look.
- Layer your chikankari kurti over a tank top and pair it with jeggings or leggings for a chic look.
- Accessorize your chikankari kurti with a sling bag and some statement jewellery to complete the look.
Tips for Styling Your Chikankari Kurti for a Formal Look
- Opt for a long Anarkali chikankari kurti in a vibrant colour and pair it with heels for a grand look.
- Choose a straight or A-line chikankari kurti in muted colours and pair it with palazzo pants or leggings and add some heels for a chic look.
- Accessorize your chikankari kurti with some statement jewellery, like jhumkas or a choker necklace, and a clutch bag to complete the look.
- Opt for a silk or chiffon chikankari kurti for a formal event like a wedding or reception.
Accessorizing Your Chikankari Kurti
- Add some statement jewellery like chunky earrings or a statement necklace to your chikankari kurti.
- Pair your chikankari kurti with a sling bag or clutch bag for a chic look.
- Add a belt to your chikankari kurti to cinch in your waist and add some definition to your look.
- Opt for a scarf or dupatta to add some colour and texture to your chikankari kurti.
Choosing the Right Footwear for Your Chikankari Kurti
- Opt for heels to elevate your look and add some height.
- Pair your chikankari kurti with flats or sandals for a comfortable and casual look.
- Add some boots to your chikankari kurti for a boho-chic look.
- Add some jutti or mojari to your chikankari kurti for a traditional look.
Hair and Makeup Tips to Complement Your Chikankari Kurti
- Opt for a simple and elegant hairstyle like a bun or a ponytail to keep the focus on your chikankari kurti.
- Opt for a natural and dewy makeup look to complement your chikankari kurti.
- Add some bold lipstick or eyeliner to make a statement.
Chikankari kurtis are a versatile and timeless wardrobe staple for women of all ages. From choosing the right style and fabric to accessorizing and choosing the right footwear, we’ve shared some tips and tricks on how to style your chikankari kurti like a pro. So, go ahead and embrace the versatility of chikankari kurtis and make a statement with your style.