Winter dressing is one of the most challenging outfits to pull off, if not the hardest. The season gets really cold that sometimes you have to skip style to get some warmth and comfort. But what most people fail to grasp is that you can actually create an elegant winter outfit without compromising on warmth.
You don’t have to limit your outfits to just pants, cozy cardigans, leggings, jeans, and all whatnot. Dresses, casual or dressy can be ideal for all your winter locations. With just a few practical tips, you can be on the way to wearing your favorite dresses on every other winter day. After reading through this piece, you would be able to answer the same question – Can winter dress be sexy?
We get it, you’re probably tired of the many layers and stuffy outfits, but also can’t imagine going out in a dress when it’s cold. In the dead of winter, you can make your dresses work for you and feel even warmer and stylish than you have in a long time. Throughout all seasons of the year, women who want to look elegant but feel cozy in dresses can create practical and functional looks with the styling tips and tricks we mentioned in this article. Keep reading to learn how they aren’t freezing in a dress!
Redefining Winter Fashion: Warmth Meets Elegance
The temperature is dropping and you’re probably planning on ditching your favorite dresses to the depths of your closet, but best believe you can eat your cake and have it here.
There are lots of amazing dress options for women to explore during the winter period, but hardly anyone puts on a dress in those times. The cold shouldn’t deter you from wearing your style no matter the occasion and style. And no, you won’t turn to ice because, with the styling tips we provided below, you can as well be on your way to winter’s fashion queen. If looking good, feeling warm, and wearing sexy winter dresses altogether feels like a good deal, stick around till the end.
Wearing dresses in winter demands that you follow them up with certain winter basics because honestly, most dresses are not so warm to be worn alone in the season. From your fabric choices and learning selections to your footwear and accessories options, your elegant winter dress can become your common outfit option throughout the cold months. But not to worry, we mentioned these winter basics that will help create the next perfect winter outfit for you.
The Art of Choosing the Right Fabric
During the cold weather, and as the temperature keeps dropping, the right fabric choices will ensure you remain warm regardless of how low the temperature drops. Below are the warmest materials and fabrics that are loved up during the winter months:
- Cotton: Cotton is probably the best fabric that you can wear during the fall and winter seasons. Cotton dresses, cozy cotton sweaters, and toasty scarves make sure of this with the level of warmth they provide. A cotton turtle neck long-sleeve dress paired with a thick cozy knit sweater will be a warm choice to wear when the temperature drops so low.
- Wool: The lightweight, durable, warm, and water-resistant properties of wool make it an incredible winter fabric for cold weather. Raw wool and more synthetic options are available on retail and you’re sure to find a sexy winter dress that you can cop. Wool outfits are preferably worn during the early winter weeks but you can top them off as layers throughout the season.
- Leather: All leather forms are perfect for the winter months and all through the year. From the leather dresses to the jackets and boots, they create an edgy ensemble that can rev up your glam. Looking for an opportunity to wear elegant midi dresses, leather will be the perfect excuse.
- Fur: Fur is a statement fabric that you can wear in winter. More recently, it is worn as a stylish gear rather than an outfit for insulation. However, the best part is that it hasn’t lost its warmth. Fur is fashionable and durable, yet retains plenty of warmth during the cold weather.
- Fleece: A quite inexpensive, lightweight, and comfortable fabric choice in wintertime is the fleece fabric. They are majorly styled into jackets, coats, and cardigans, and although not water-resistant, remain a top material choice for cold weather.
Accessorizing Winter Outfits
If choosing the right fabric type is the sandwich of your sexy winter dress, then accessorizing is the jelly that pulls off the outfit. These accessories are both stylish and functional, and provide a layer of warmth together with your cozy dress. Here are some winter accessories that we suggest you wear with your winter dresses:
- Layers: Sweaters, whether turtlenecks or pullovers, can be an excellent layer for your elegant winter dress, plus they are simple to pull off. You can also create stunning looks with jackets, coats, or even ponchos. They not only afford you some warmth but also make you look pretty stylish.
- Footwear: Boots are undeniably the best footwear choices for winter and you can switch between ankle-length and knee-length options depending on the length of your dresses.
- Leggings & Tights: When wearing a short sexy winter dress, a pair of leggings or tights underneath can wix off the cold in the air. Even on longer dresses, you can still wear these staples for extra coziness.
- Hats & Beanies: These winter gears help to keep your head warm when the temperature keeps dropping.
- Scarves: A scarf around your neck warms up the area, especially for dresses with v-necklines, and can look super sleek on mock neck and round-neck dresses.
- Leg Warmers: These and their cozy alternatives — thermal socks help retain some warmth on your legs. You can wear them over your tights or leggings and with your boots for a cozy chic appeal.
- Bags: Crossbody bags can help take up a few of your essentials and step up your styling game.
Practical Tips for Styling Winter Dresses
- Layering your outfits is so important especially when wearing dresses. You can stick with the same textures, but when it’s snowing, you need a moisture-wicking layer.
- Breathable and warm fabric choices and layers are by far the best to wear in winter. You shouldn’t excuse the cold by stuffing yourself in so many clothes that you can hardly breathe.
- Your everyday clothes throughout the year can serve as the base and mid-layers for your outfit before the more cozy layers.
- If you would be wearing a long dress, chunky leather boots, and a trench or wool coat will make great pairs. For shorter dresses, you can top things off with a pair of thermal black tights, a woolly hat, and cropped or oversized knitwear.
- Wearing a sleeveless dress over a turtleneck long-sleeve vest can create a complementary look, both in function and style. You can add a faux fur layer or go grunge with a cropped leather jacket.
Caring for your outfits properly will ensure they last from year to year. Different outfits have specific washing, drying, and storing options, and sticking with those will ensure the cloth lasts longer. Elegance and warmth can go side by side even during the coldest months. We detailed some of the ways that you can make this possible in the winter fashion scenes.